The ANU Indigenous Apprentice Program provides opportunities to gain skills in technical trade disciplines while working at the ANU.
The Program is coordinated through a partnership with the Australian Training Company (ATC), which assists local areas with recruitment and ongoing support for apprentices. All new apprentices are employed by ANU on fixed term agreements for the duration of their apprenticeships.
Benefits for apprentices
- Flexible learning options both online and face-to-face off site for the duration of the apprenticeship.
- Undertake a range of work and gain specialist skills while working.
- Regular support visits from ATC Account Manager and support personnel.
Benefits for ANU
- Contribute to the growth of ANU career pathways for Indigenous staff.
- Provide learning and development opportunities for Indigenous apprentices to gain a professional qualification.
Establishing an apprenticeship
For an outline of process for engaging an apprentice please refer to the reference documents at the right.
For more information, contact your local Human Resources, or Equity and Diversity, Human Resources Division