The ANU Technology Transfer Office (TTO) encourages and helps facilitate the transfer of the University's research for the benefit of ANU and the wider community.
How we can help
The TTO provides a range of services to students, academics and support staff.
We work with you by:
- Identifying and assessing the commercial potential of your new idea;
- Protecting intellectual property where appropriate;
- Marketing your research capabilities and new commercialisation opportunities;
- Developing proposals and negotiating terms for engagement with industry partners for:
- Industry-linked grant schemes;
- Collaborative research; and
- Intellectual property licensing
- Assisting in the establishment of start-up companies and/or licensing of technologies; and
- Delivering training and workshops for students and staff on intellectual property and technology transfer.
The TTO forms part of Innovation ANU, a division of the University devoted to nurturing the University's innovative activity.
- Support and enable transfer of ANU knowledge and expertise for benefits to businesses, government and the wider community;
- Develop and grow an innovative culture across ANU and the local innovation system;
- Build enduring and mutually beneficial relationships through collaboration and partnerships.
- Integrate innovation activities across campus and develop supporting skills, processes and rewards.
Innovation ANU comprises the following:
- ANU Technology Transfer Office
- ANU Enterprise: Connects ANU expertise with the rest of the world through the consulting and project management services.
- ANU Connect Ventures: A Venture Capital Limited Partnership established by the ANU and the Motor Trades Association of Australia (MTAA). ANU Connect Ventures manages two funds, investing in promising commercial opportunities arising from ANU research and other local entities.
Strategic oversight of Innovation ANU is provided by the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Innovation).
How to find us
We are located on Level 6 of Building X005, 121 Marcus Clarke St.