By the end of the workshop participants will have an understanding of:
- What 'governance' is
- What legislation governs the University
- The ANU Council and its Committees
- Role of the ANU Council
- Legal duties of officials and staff
- The governance frameworks of the University
- How to get further advice and assistance
What to expect?
The workshop is delivered as a briefing and facilitated discussion of the key elements of governance at ANU. Participants are free to ask questions along the way. The goal is to ensure that participants to have an understanding of the fundamentals of governance at ANU.
There is no assumed knowledge for this workshop.
Who should attend?
- Staff who are new to the University
- Staff whose work may involve interaction with the ANU Council, University Executive or the governance frameworks of the University
- Staff who just want understand how ANU is governed
How do I enrol?
To enrol in the workshop, please note the HORUS code below, and use the Enrol Now button above to login to HORUS. Enrol by searching the HORUS training catalogue for the workshop's HORUS code.
Chris Reid, Director, Corporate Governance and Risk Office (CGRO)
|Dates and venues
Tuesday 3 August 2021, 10:30am - 12:00pm, Online via Zoom
Thursday 9 December 2021, 10.30am - 12.00pm, Online via Zoom
||No charge for ANU staff and students