By the end of the workshop participants should be able to:
- Have an understanding of the key elements of better practice in policy development and review (excluding ‘consultation’ and ‘drafting of document text’); and
- Be able to develop their own plans for policy development or review.
What to expect?
The workshop is delivered using a variety of methods, including presentation, case study analysis and applied exercises. The intention is to make the workshop as interactive as possible. The number of participants in each workshop is limited.
Participants are encouraged to undertake Policy training workshop: Introduction to policy governance, before undertaking this workshop, though it is not mandatory.
Who should attend?
- Senior managers who work with policy
- Policy practitioners in Service Divisions
- College staff who interpret and apply policy on a regular basis
- Service Division staff who implement policy
- Staff who aspire to work in a policy role, but currently don't.
How do I enrol?
To enrol in the workshop, please note the HORUS code below, and use the Enrol Now button above to login to HORUS. Enrol by searching the HORUS training catalogue for the workshop's HORUS code.
||Linda Medic, Senior Governance Officer, Corporate Governance and Risk
Thursday 5 August 2021, 10:00am - 12:00pm
Tuesday 7 December 2021, 10:00am - 12:00pm
5 Aug 2021: Online, via Zoom
7 Dec 2021: Online, via Zoom
||No charge for ANU staff