Workers compensation medical certificate

You must provide current and compliant workers compensation medical certificates to determine ongoing costs related to your injury. This medical certificate is completed by a Doctor and must include a diagnosis, recommended treatment, any restrictions to your work capacity, a date of issue and a review date (unless it is a final certificate).

Claim for time off work (CFTOW)

For any periods of work incapacity please submit a CFTOW form available below.

All employees with an open workers compensation claim, who are medically certified as unable to work will be required to submit a personal leave request (SLWC – Sick leave with certificate) via HORUS.   Once the employee has submitted a claim for time off work, the University will accept or deny liability for the period of time.  If the claim for time off work is accepted, the SLWC application will then be updated to Workers' Compensation Leave (WCL) by Remuneration & Conditions Branch, ANU, and the sick leave will be re-credited.



Page owner: Human Resources