ANU EA 2017-2021
29.1. Where it is essential that duties of a higher level are carried out, a professional staff member may be paid a HDA.
29.2. HDA will be paid to a staff member performing higher duties in the following circumstances:
- where the maximum salary for the position in which the staff member acts is not in excess of the salary range for an ANU Officer Level 7 and the staff member performs those higher duties for a period in excess of two consecutive working days;
- where the members of staff in the Grounds, Hospitality and Maintenance streams are required to act in positions where the salary does not exceed the maximum salary point of the current ANU Officer Level 7 and the occupant of the higher level position is absent two working days or more; or
- where the maximum salary for the position in which the staff member acts exceeds the maximum of the salary range for an ANU Officer Level 7 and the staff member performs those higher duties for a period in excess of one working week.
29.3. The HDA will be:
- the difference between the salary rate for the staff member’s substantive ANU Officer Level and incremental step and the base salary rate of the ANU Officer level at which the higher duties are being undertaken; or
- a fixed amount approved by the delegate for the period of higher duties, provided that amount is not less than the amount to which the staff member would be entitled pursuant to clause 29.3 (a)
29.4. HDA will not be payable within a broadband.
29.5. Where a staff member performs higher duties for a period of between one half of a day and one full day, the period of higher duties will be regarded as a full day for the purposes of payment of the allowance.
29.6. Where a staff member performs only part of the duties of a more senior staff member HDA may be paid at an appropriate percentage of the allowance specified in clause 29.3 (a).