This PULSE online module builds ANU staff knowledge of incident reporting, responsibilities and reporting requirements. This module includes examples and activities to test the user's level of understanding.
Who should enrol
This online module is available to all Academic and Professional staff.
At the conclusion of this module all participants will:
- Understand the difference between a Work Health and Safety (WHS) incident and hazard
- Understand the University's regulatory obligations for reporting incidents to Comcare and other regulators
- Know how to define notifiable incidents and how to meet reporting requirements
- Understand your duties, roles and responsibilities for reporting incidents
- Understand the penalties for failing to comply with legislation
What the module will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- Identify ANU Health and Safety Regulators
- Defining hazards and incidents
- Understand what constitutes a notifiable incident
- Duties under the WHS Act 2011
- Duties under the Electrical Safety Act 1971
- Duties under legislation
- Your responsibilities and how to meet them
When can I enrol
This PULSE online module can be completed at your workstation at your convenience.
This module is free to ANU staff.
To enrol, please visit the Pulse log in page.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to enrol in the online module