Some things to consider prior to commencing the recruitment process:
- consult with your local HR team
- familiarise yourself with the process of getting necessary approvals, with assistance from your local HR Team.
- use the Recruitment toolkit to develop a recruitment schedule, taking relevant deadlines and tasks into account.
- set some times aside for the following tasks:
- completing the position description, selection criteria, advertisement and approval paperwork
- creating a recruitment file
- identifying and determining the availability of your selection panel
- short listing, interviewing and evaluating candidates
- preparing the interview and candidate paperwork for the shortlist meeting and interviews
- organising interviews
- planning the induction process.
Inform all staff that will be assisting you with the recruitment of the expected timelines and any tasks assigned to them so they can plan ahead.