Injury reporting

All injuries should be reported on the University's online incident notification system as soon as practically possible.

Injuries requiring emergency medical treatment or hospitalisation must be reported on the day of injury. Staff will notify regulatory authorities from this point where relevant.

The University will meet all ambulance costs for hospitalisation. Where there are more extensive or ongoing medical costs from a work-related injury, a claim for workers compensation may be necessary. Work Environment Group provides the claim form and processes all claims.

Non work-related injuries

You should still notify your supervisor if you injure yourself outside work so that ANU can fulfil its duty of care to employees carrying an injury.

Page owner: Human Resources