11.1 Senior management appointment means employment in a senior management position excluded from this Agreement. A staff member appointed to a senior management position will have a performance-based employment contract and be employed in one of the positions outlined below:
- The Vice-Chancellor and members of the University senior executive
- College Deans and Research School Directors (or equivalent)
- Service Division Directors (or equivalent)
- College General Managers (or equivalent)
- Other senior management professional staff positions that receive a salary at or above Senior Manager 4 classification and no less than $134,200 per annum OR Other senior academic management position that receives a salary at or above Academic Level E2 and no less than $169,800 per annum. These amounts, effective from the date of operation of this Agreement, will be indexed in accordance with the clause 24.3 (salary increases).
11.2 Existing terms and contractual agreements, including any terms defined by the Enterprise Agreement 2010 - 2012, will continue to apply to all professional staff classified at Senior Manager 4 or above as at the date this Agreement is registered, until such time that their contract expires or their conditions of employment are renegotiated.
11.3 The University and the senior manager will be bound in regard to the matters contained in those clauses by the provisions of the contract between them.
11.4 Where the contract of a senior manager provides the right of reversion to a substantive position within the University, all the provisions of this Agreement will apply on reversion.