Who should attend
This training is for staff who have completed the OSLO Pulse module and who now require the follow up practical component. It can be completed by new OSLOs or experienced OSLOs looking to complete a “refresher”.
This face-to-face session, provides new Occupational Strain Liaison Officers (OSLOs) with practical training and information regarding workstation assessment and set up.
This course will address the following topics:
- An understanding of the principles for safe computer use
- Guidelines on healthy work practices for office and laboratory workstation settings
- How to make recommendations on task rotation and work break guidelines
- Overview of checklists and template forms for use when completing a workstation assessment
- Demonstration of appropriate workstation set-up
- Practical session for participants to complete a workstation assessment
- Overview of resources available for use during or after assessments.
This module is free to ANU staff.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code.