EO Online (Equal Opportunity Online) is the University’s new online training module aimed at enhancing diversity and inclusion capability among ANU staff. The program has been developed by universities for universities and provides excellent case study examples to assist with understanding your responsibilities regarding discrimination, harassment and bullying in a university context.
The program replaces the Pulse module ‘ANU Harassment Discrimination and Bullying’.
The course is divided into two modules:
- Module 1 is compulsory for all new starters as part of induction
- Module 2 is for managers and supervisors
Who should complete the course
All new staff must complete EO Online Module 1 as part of induction. EO Online can also be completed by existing staff a part of their own development program. Managers and Supervisors are also encouraged to complete Module 2 as part of their leadership development.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Australian anti-discrimination laws
- Direct and indirect discrimination
- Harassment and inappropriate relationships
- Making complaints
How do I register for EO Online?
To access EO Online please follow the instructions below:
- The first time you access EO Online you will register as a new user. Select Australian National University and enter your details including university ID. An email will be sent for you to create a password
Once you have completed your registration each time you return to EO Online you will use your university email address and the password you created to login.
Frequently asked questions
What if I have already done the compulsory Pulse module?
If you have already completed ‘ANU Harassment Discrimination and Bullying’ in Pulse and are still within your probation period, you will need to also complete EO Online.
How long will it take me to complete EO Online?
You can complete the program at your own pace. It can be completed in one session, or over a few sessions, depending on your preference. If you log out of a session, the next time you log in you can start where you were in the previous session. You will be able to see the progress in the menu bar at the left hand side of the screen.
How will HR know if I have completed EO Online?
Your record of completion will be loaded into your training record in Horus.