Over the next few months, some of the campus’ major roads will be closed for interim periods, while new pedestrian crossings are installed.
The work falls in line with the Acton Ridge Axis project, which is designed to improve the standard, quality and safety of existing pedestrian access around the campus.
The work is being completed in stages to reduce the impact to traffic around campus. Despite this, staff and students should factor in some more time when commuting onto the campus to access parking.
The road closures will be as follows:
Fellows Road at Sullivans Creek – closure 17 May - 1 July 2019
- Fellows Road will be closed from Sullivans Creek Road up to and including the existing pedestrian crossing to the eastern side of the bridge.
- No impacts to car parks on either side of the road at ANU College of Law or Fellows Oval car park.
Balmain Crescent at the pedestrian crossing near the Grocer on Balmain – closure 17 May - 1 July 2019
- Balmain Crescent will be closed in the area immediately surrounding the existing pedestrian crossing.
- Parking bays at Grocer on Balmain will be unaffected, with a turn-around to be established at the Gardens & Grounds service yard for grocer deliveries.
Garran Road at the pedestrian crossing near Hugh Ennor building – closure 2 July - 12 August 2019
- Garran Road from Fellows Road intersection up to and including pedestrian crossing near Hugh Ennor building.
- No impact to Graduate House parking or Hugh Ennor Building deliveries.
For more information, contact Associate Director of Projects, Neill Daly, on 6125 0545 or email email@example.com