Enterprise systems are software packages that support business processes, information flows, reporting and data analytics across the University. The University ensures appropriate data management standards are in place for enterprise system information; and these systems are considered by the University to be the primary source for the data they contain.
A number of enterprise systems are available to ANU staff and students, and can be accessed by logging in using your ANU ID and password.
However, some enterprise systems, including ES-Financials, HRMS, Student Administration, Maximo and iMIS, require an Enterprise account and password. This is allocated to you when you request access to the systems. The enterprise password is different to your ANU ID and password and will need to be changed regularly.
There are three tiers of ANU enterprise system:
Tier 1 (T1)
- Authoritative source of information across the ANU
- Critical to business process
- Allows the ANU to meet statutory reporting requirements
- Supports a high risk activity which is core to the ANU, e.g. compliance, teaching
Includes: ARIES, Central Records System, Financial Management System, Human Resources System, Student Administration System, Service Desk System, Timetable, Wattle.
Tier 2 (T2)
- Data stored in the system requires controls around it (e.g. to ensure security of data)
- Although the system may be critical to its local area, the effect of its failure on the ANU as a whole is not critical
Includes: APOLLO, Billboard, Squiz, Funnelback, Insight, Integrated Library Management System, Maximo, Parking and Parking Infringement Systems, Raiser's Edge.
Tier 3 (T3)
A register of all Tier 1 and Tier 2 Enterprise Systems is maintained by ITS.