Applications for the 2020 Professional Staff Mentoring Program have now closed. The next program will be run in early 2021.
HR Division is delighted to launch the 2020 Professional Staff Mentoring Program. The program is a new initiative which is initially being run as a bite-sized 4-month program for a limited group of mentoring pairs. The program is designed to support the career development needs of ANU professional staff, particularly during these challenging times. Learnings from this program will inform the design of subsequent programs.
The Professional Staff Mentoring Program will offer participants the opportunity to receive support from experienced senior staff to increase their skills and confidence, build networks and more effectively navigate their career goals at ANU.
In this video, our Chief Operating Officer Paul Duldig launches the Professional Staff Mentoring Program and talks about the value he has gained from experiences as both a mentor and mentee.
- 4-month facilitated Program (starting in September and finishing in December 2020).
- Maximum of 20 places each available for mentors and mentees for this cohort.
- Initial training workshops provided for both mentors and mentees.
- Monthly 1:1 mentoring sessions, conducted virtually or face to face, as preferred.
- Anticipated time commitment of 6-8 hours total for mentors and mentees, including 1:1 mentoring meetings and group workshops.
- Open to professional staff employed in ongoing, fixed term or continuing contingent funded positions.
- Mentors and mentees must be available and prepared to participate for the full duration of the program, from September to December 2020.
- Mentees will generally be drawn from ANU classifications up to and including Level 8, and mentors from Level 6/7 or higher, depending on the pool of available nominees and the skills and experience of participants. Mentees will generally be matched with a mentor from a higher classification level.
- Mentors and mentees will be chosen to ensure participants are drawn from across ANU.
Staff interested in participating as a mentor or mentee can submit an expression of interest using these survey links for mentors and mentees.
If we are unable to accommodate all applicants in the initial program, applicants can ask to be short-listed for the next program intended to commence in February 2021, and/or to participate in other learning and development activities aligned with areas of interest noted in the EOI form.
2020 Program outline
|12 to 18 August
||Expressions of interest open for mentors and mentees
|Week of 31 August
||Mentoring pairs announced
||1-hour virtual workshops for mentors and mentees
||Mentees have made initial contact with aim to schedule first mentoring meeting by end September
|September to December
||Mentoring pairs meet monthly
||Mid-program event such as walks on campus if COVID restrictions allow
||End of program feedback survey and virtual feedback session in small groups
If you have any questions about the program, please contact the Culture & Development team