Purchasing a bike
If you are after a second-hand bike, please check the Recyclery on the corner of Lennox Crossing and Lawson Crescent.
Bicycle enclosures on campus
The campus has over forty enclosures with enough storage for more than 2000 bikes. The bike enclosure map under Related links will advise the nearest location of a bicycle shelter.
Keep your bicycle secure by:
- Locking the frame and both wheels of your bicycle to a hoop using heavy duty lock or chain.
- Locking your bicycle even if it's inside an enclosure.
- Keeping a record of your bicycle's details. Record the serial number, make and model of the bike and take a photo.
Take your bike home at night and on weekends. Bicycle hoops and enclosures are not to be used as storage facilities. Bikes that are regularly left overnight on campus attract thieves.
If your bicycle is stolen contact ANU Security on 6125 2249.
How to sell or donate your bike
Many bikes in perfect working condition are abandoned on campus each year. There are many ways to sell or donate your bike such as:
- Donating your bike to the Recyclery located on campus. The Recyclery is a not-for-profit business that employs people with a disability to repair bikes for resale.
- Gumtree, eBay and Facebook Marketplace are great ways to sell or give your unwanted bike away.
ACT road rules apply on campus which means all cyclists must wear a helmet. If you are involved in a car or bike crash, slip or fall, it's important that you contact ANU Security on 6125 2249.