ANU Security manages building access for staff and students across all ANU sites.
Building Access Cards
All student computer labs, information commons and most buildings on campus have an electronic access control. Most buildings on campus are open during normal business hours, but require card access afterhours. Specific secure areas of the University require card access at all times.
All staff and students are issued with building access. Standard access is included on the card by default.
Where additional access is required, such as access to secure areas, or after hours building access, ANU Security can remotely add access to cards.
How to request additional access
Staff are required to provide ANU Security with written confirmation from their area supervisor that access should be granted.
All requests must be made to ANU Security and include the following:
- name of person requiring access (please include staff/student ID number)
- buildings and areas of access required including building name, building level (if applicable)
- specific doors accurately defined by the name and description (eg Faculty of Law Building, Ground Level, Room G17, computer lab entrance)
- access times required
- period of access variation
- new or modified card
- start and end date for access (or ongoing)
- name of authorised officer
- contact phone number
- return email address
Keys & locks
Doors that are not secured electronically and use traditional locks and keys, are managed by the relevant building custodian. If you are unsure who the building custodian is, contact ANU Security for advice.