Who should attend
The unit applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response, including management of the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
Units of Competency
This course will cover the following nationally recognised units of competency:
- HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid (Current for 3 years)
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (Current for 3 years)
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support (Current for 3 years
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (Current for 12 months)
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
From January 2015 if you are undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a registered training organisation you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). This is an Australian Government requirement.
A USI account will contain all your nationally recognised training records and results from 1 January 2015 onwards. When applying for a job or enrolling into further study, you may need to provide your training records and results. One of the main benefits of the USI is that you will have easy access to your training records and results. You will be able to access you USI account online from a computer, tablet or smart phone.
To be able to receive your certificate on completion of the first aid course, you will need to create your USI. Please visit usi.gov.au and select the ‘Create a USI’ link and follow the steps. Please bring this number with you to the course so that it can be recorded for you to receive your certificate.
TBA per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
To apply for this course; ANU staff should enrol via HORUS and students via ISIS.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code