NVivo is designed to help you manage and analyse qualitative data. It allows you to keep your data files organised and to easily code text, sound and video files. NVivo can also help you create models to illustrate your findings.
Introduction to NVivo
- What can NVivo do?
- NVivo terminology
- Creating and importing data files including internet and social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkIn, Web Pages)
- Introduction to the Navigation Pane: Sources, Nodes, Links, Classifications and Folders
- Coding and Uncoding: Text, sound, picture, video (including automatic text coding)
NVivo Advanced Coding and Data Analysis
- Advanced Features of the Navigation Pane: Sets, Queries, and Models
- Word Clouds, Tree Maps, Word Trees and contextual information
- Organising coding schemes
- Queries: text search, word frequencies, coding interactions, complex coding queries
- Charts: bar, pie and column
- Cluster Analysis
- Connection Maps for correlation
- Exporting to Excel/SPSS
- Sharing data and team work
This training workshop is conducted using Windows PCs using NVivo12 Pro. There is no cost for ANU HDR/PG Students and ANU Staff. For participants external to ANU please email email@example.com (phone 6125 8886) to register and obtain details on how to proceed with credit card payment to secure a place in the workshop.
NVivo for Personal Device Use
Instructions to obtain licenses for NVivo 12 Pro Windows or Mac are available on the ANU IT Service Desk website.