The Human Ethics Team are part of the Research Ethics Office within the Office of Research and Innovation Services. The Human Ethics Team is responsible for providing training and advice about human research ethics and providing back-end administrative support for the Human Ethics Committees and the ethics application process. We do this to ensure that all research with human participants is in accordance with the National Health and Medical Research Council's (NHMRC) National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (2018).
Please note: The Human Ethics Team does not approve ethics applications. Ethics applications are reviewed and approved by the appropriate Human Ethics Committee.
To contact the Research Ethics Team, please visit:
For Submission cut-off dates and more information about the Human Research Ethics Committees, visit:
On Our Website
On our website, you can find information on:
Getting Ethics Approval
- What you need to do Before You Begin your first application at ANU
- Information Sheets & Consent Forms
- Frequently Asked Questions about the application process
- What to do if your project has prior ethics approval
Managing your protocol
- Information on Variations, Monitoring and Expiries
Key Ethical Concerns
- A brief overview of the key ethical concerns when conducting human research which should be addressed in your ethics application.
Policy and Guidelines for Specific Research Areas
- A list of relevant policies and guidelines, and when you need to use them.
Human Ethics: Resources, Training and Support
- ARIES training
- Resources ( Seminars and information for students and supervisors)
- Human Ethics Committees & Dates
- Complaints Process