In 2017, the SIS Senior Leader’s Committee was replaced by the SIS Strategic Leadership Committee and the SIS Manager’s Committee. The SIS Strategic Leadership Committee take to broader role of overseers to ensure that the Library’s strategic plans and those of the University are in alignment.
Terms of reference
The name ‘SIS Strategic Leadership Committee’ reflects senior position of the committee as it works in conjunction with the SIS Manager’s Committee.
Role and Function
This committee has six key terms of reference:
- Provide advice and make recommendations on the strategic direction and alignment of Scholarly Information Services Division with the University’s goals
- Review, monitor and report on the implementation of the Division business plan
- Oversee and analyse major issues affecting the Division
- Ensure the appropriate allocation and effective use of available resources
- Monitor developments from University academic committees and committees with Division heads to inform our work
- Monitor budget and staffing issues
The members of this committee are senior management, all who are also member of the SIS Manager’s Committee.
The members are: University Librarian, Library Associate Directors and Manager ANU Press. Additional individuals may be present at meetings depending on particular agenda items.
The committee reports to the University Librarian.
Meetings to be held December and January, March and April, June and July, September and October.