For the meeting organiser-you need to do the following;
- Open Outlook.
- Open your Personal Calendar.
- Highlight the meeting that you wish to cancel.
- Right click on the selected meeting.
- Select Cancel Meeting. This will open a cancellation message and have all the original recipients email addresses already populated in the To field.
- Select Send Cancellation. This will automatically remove the meeting from your personal calendar. This will also automatically remove the meeting from the meeting room calendar. If you try to delete the meeting directly from the meeting room's calendar itself, the meeting will NOT delete. It will give you an error message
- NOTE: This could take up to 1 minute for the cancellation to update on the meeting room calendar.
- Once all the recipients receive the cancellation message it will remove from their personal calendars also.