Where there are multiple payments to be completed for scholarships or prizes, Financial Shared Services (FSS) provide a spreadsheet to collect details of the payments required. The spreadsheet includes a macro to automate the creation of the payments. It is important the spreadsheet is completed with the correct information as outlined below. Please do not change the structure of the spreadsheet as the payment will be unsuccessful.
- Spreadsheet fields:
- Vendor ID: Uni ID (without the U)
- Invoice Number: Cannot contain spaces, must be unique (i.e. PrizeS12016)
- GL Description: must be meaningful, max. 30 characters (e.g. Clements Econ1001 Sem1 2016)
- Business unit: always ‘FAS’
Note: Adding/deleting/editing columns will cause the payment to fail.
- Delegate Approval:
This must accompany the spreadsheet. It is the area’s responsibility to ensure the delegation is correct.
- Send to FSS
Email the completed spreadsheet and delegate approval to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Turnaround time is 3-5 business days. Note: If the student has not entered bank details into ISIS they will receive a cheque.
PERSON OF IINTEREST & STUDENTS WHO NO LONGER HAVE AN ACTIVE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE UNIVERSITY
- A vendor needs to be created in ES Financials. This can be completed by sending name address and bank account details to email@example.com.
- Once you have received notification the vendors have been created, complete the macro spreadsheet steps 1 to 3 per ‘CURRENT STUDENTS’ above.
This must be a separate spreadsheet to the one containing active students.
Where a spreadsheet has been created and there are recipients who aren’t active vendors, the process will stop until a vendor has been created. This can result in significant delays to ALL of the Prize/Scholarships in that spreadsheet.