Welcome to the GRO at the Australian National University. The GRO was established as the central Higher Degree Research (HDR) Student Administration Office for the University. It commenced operations on 18 February 2019.
The GRO has a key liaison function with the Colleges and other Central Divisions to provide consistent HDR administrative support. The office is dedicated to improving the HDR student experience and is focussed on delivering effective services, advice and support to HDR candidate and staff from application through to completion.
The GRO is part of the Office of the Dean, Higher Degree Research. The Office of the Dean, Higher Degree Research provides the academic leadership, strategic direction and oversight of the University's HDR Programs to ensure delivery of high-quality, internationally benchmarked research programs.
Ground Floor Haydon Allen Building (22) next to the Tank lecture Theatre
The Australian National University
Graduate Research Office
Haydon Allen Building 22
Canberra ACT 2601
Our preferred method of contact is via email to one of our functional email accounts so your enquiry can be progressed by the most relevant team. If you are unsure of which email account to contact please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can call or visit us from 9am - 12pm and 1 - 4pm on weekdays (excluding ACT public holidays). Our reception counter is on the ground floor adjacent to the Tank lecture theatre. On arriving you will need to check in via the CBR app with the code provided or alternatively complete the visitors sign in book.
To excel in administration and enhance the experience for the higher degree research (HDR) community.
GRO is here to support the HDR Candidate lifecycle and journey.
The Graduate Research Office’s mission is to promote and exemplify best practice in HDR administration. We will support you by providing trusted and dependable advice. We aim to anticipate and resolve problems including improving and streamlining processes. You can expect a service that is responsive, reliable and dynamic.
- HDR Communications & Liaison function – with prospective and current HDR candidates, Colleges and Service Divisions.
- HDR Supervision Development, Training and Register – administrative support for the new HDR Supervision Development Framework, ensuring highest quality support for supervisors in their role.
- Development - initiation and oversight of central HDR administrative improvements.
- Governance – administrative quality assurance and compliance, operational policy interpretation & advice.
- HDR Case Management – support to the Dean HDR, candidates and staff on individual HDR issues.