Welcome to the Graduate Research Office (GRO) at the Australian National University. The GRO was established as the central Higher Degree Research (HDR) Student Administration Office for the University. It commenced operations on 18 February 2019.
The GRO has a key liaison function with the Colleges and other Central Divisions to provide consistent HDR administrative support.
The office is dedicated to improving the HDR student experience and is focussed on delivering effective services, advice and support to HDR candidate and staff from application through to completion.
The GRO is part of the Office of the Dean, Higher Degree Research. The Office of the Dean, Higher Degree Research provides the academic leadership, strategic direction and oversight of the University's HDR Programs to ensure delivery of high-quality, internationally benchmarked research programs.
- HDR Communications & Liaison function – with prospective and current HDR candidates, Colleges and Service Divisions.
- HDR Supervision Development, Training and Register – administrative support for the new HDR Supervision Development Framework, ensuring highest quality support for supervisors in their role.
- Development - initiation and oversight of central administrative improvements.
- Governance – administrative quality assurance and compliance, operational policy interpretation & advice.
- HDR Case Management – support to the Dean HDR, candidates and staff on individual HDR issues.
GRO establishment and opening