Who should attend
This course is designed for staff members who are existing category 1A or 2 seeking to upgrade to category 7 certification under the University’s Hazard Management Procedures for Electrical Safety requirements; as well as Academics and/or Professional staff seeking category 3 certification to be able to work on electrical equipment.
This 2 hour course will provide participants with legislative information including administrative tools to confidently undertake in-house electrical appliance/equipment design and construction, in accordance with the University’s expectations.
This course will cover the topics:
- WHS Legislation including the WHS Act and Regulations and supporting Codes of Practice
- Relevant Electrical Standards
- Licensed and Un-licensed electrical work
- Design Requirements
- Risk Assessment methodology
- Review the University’s Electrical Safety Procedure
- Review the University’s Plant (Equipment) Procedure
- Design-in Electrical Safety
This course is free to ANU staff
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course without fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague who meets the eligibility criteria for the course to attend in their place.
- Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to $100.00
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program
- Local area charging code