Who should attend
The units of competency in this skill set are for people required to ensure the safety of portable equipment and the work is incidental or a primary and regular function of work related to a principle work function.
This skill set is designed for people wishing to undertake the testing, tagging and reporting of portable/ hand held low voltage electrical equipment using a portable appliance tester (PAT). These competencies are in addition to competencies already gained in the relevant field to which the electrical work is incidental or a primary and regular function of the work. Learners will be developing skills in working safely on portable/hand held electrical equipment, using the portable appliance tester, testing electrical equipment as per Australian Standard AS/NZS 3760.
Units of Competency
This course will cover the following nationally recognised units of competency:
- UESS00098 Restricted – Electrical safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies
- UEENEEE101A Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
- UEENEEP026A Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
From January 2015 if you are undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a registered training organisation you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). This is an Australian Government requirement.
A USI account will contain all your nationally recognised training records and results from 1 January 2015 onwards. When applying for a job or enrolling into further study, you may need to provide your training records and results. One of the main benefits of the USI is that you will have easy access to your training records and results. You will be able to access you USI account online from a computer, tablet or smart phone.
To be able to receive your certificate on completion of the first aid course, you will need to create your USI. Please visit usi.gov.au and select the ‘Create a USI’ link and follow the steps. Please bring this number with you to the course so that it can be recorded for you to receive your certificate.
TBA per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
To apply for this course; ANU staff should enrol via HORUS and students via ISIS.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code