We are ensuring that free flu vaccinations are available for ANU staff this year, as part of our commitment to their health and wellbeing during the upcoming influenza season.
All staff are strongly encouraged to take up this opportunity. Protecting ourselves from the flu helps to keep the wider community safe and reduces the strain on health services during the upcoming winter months. Particularly with reduced immunity in 2022 to the flu and the additional risk of COVID, it is even more important that you have the flu vaccination this year.
To provide flexibility for our staff in 2022, we are offering three options for receiving your free flu vaccination:
- On campus at the ANU Medical Centre
- On campus at the University Pharmacy
- Off campus by accessing a voucher code to be used at a Terry White Chemist in Canberra
ANU Medical Centre
Flu vaccination appointments at the on-campus ANU Medical Centre will be available from Tuesday 19 April, with flu jabs administered by registered nurse. Further information and a booking link are available here.
To receive your vaccination, you must present your University staff ID card and provide your Medicare card at the time of your vaccination. If you have any issues when making this booking, please please email the clinic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Flu vaccinations are now available at the on-campus University Pharmacy for walk-in appointments. To receive your vaccination, you must present your University staff ID card. The vaccination will then be provided free of charge.
Terry White Chemists Canberra
Staff can book off-campus appointments online to attend a Terry White Chemist in Ainslie, Garran and Higgins, until the end of July 2022. To access a voucher code for an online booking, follow these steps:
- Log into HORUS
- From the Announcement tile, select ‘Access your Terry White FREE flu vaccination voucher’ and select ‘view details’
- Take note of the unique voucher code provided
- Visit the Terry White Chemist page to select your Chemist location, appointment time and date
- Enter the voucher code at the payment stage
- Present your University staff or student ID and Medicare card at the time of your vaccination.