ANU Communications & Engagement (ACE) is the primary point of contact for all media engagement at ANU.
For ANU staff
We no longer live in a world where engaging with media follows a certain equation. The industry is fast-paced, ever-evolving and diverse in its offerings. Gone are the days where a media release is the central point of your media strategy.
Engaging with ACE early, before you start writing up a media release, gives us the best possible opportunity to identify the most news worthy parts of your story and to shape a tailored and targeted strategy that gets you the best possible media coverage.
In supporting you in your media activities ACE will:
- Assess your story and weigh up the media options. There are many approaches that we can take in sharing your story, including writing for the ANU website, media releases, opinion pieces, direct pitching to selected journalists, social media strategies and much more.
- Approve and distribute all ANU media releases. These must be authorised and sent out by ACE.
- Provide advice on media and communications engagement at all levels.
- Conduct monitoring of ANU media performance, providing reports for academics and University areas on media coverage performance.
For journalists, ACE will:
- Help find academics to speak on particular topics. This service is supported by the ANU Experts Guide an online and printed resource listing academics who are happy to receive calls from the media on nominated topics.
- Be on call to answer journalists' questions, and assist them with finding academics, both in and outside of normal business hours.
- Assist with media queries relating to the operations of ANU as an institution, including all requests for comments from the Vice-Chancellor or other members of the University Executive.