The University has voicemail facilities available for all PABX extensions and can be managed through the IX Messaging interface once enabled. This facility is not automatically added to an extension. You can request to add a new mailbox to your extension or make changes to an existing mailbox by logging a ticket through the Service Desk Portal.
The voicemail system can be accessed by dialling 53333 if you are on campus or (02) 6125 3333 if calling from off campus. If calling internationally dial +61261253333.
Setting up your new mailbox
- Dial 53333 (61253333 if you are calling from off campus)
- Enter your default password provided to you.
You will then be taken through a process to change the password and record your greeting and name.
Once this has been done your voicemail is ready for use.
Manage how you receive messages
The IX Messaging system allows you to manage how you receive voicemail messages via a web interface.
To change your personal preferences:
- Open your browser and enter https://anu-vcprimcon01.anu.edu.au/uc/webclient
- If you have a University account (you have a ‘U’ number) click the Windows option for automatic login. If you do not have a University account click the UC option and enter your extension and IX Messaging password.
- Click on the Messages tile from the main page to access your Voice, Email or Fax messages.
For more detailed instructions, please read the Knowledge Base Article IX Messaging Web Access – Voicemail, Fax and Messaging.
When dialling 53333, if you hear the prompt "To access your mailbox press #" it means that you do not have a voice mail box. To request a new mailbox, log a ticket through the Service Desk Portal.
Change your voicemail password (PIN)
You can set or change your voicemail password via the IX Messaging interface or by logging a ticket through the Service Desk Portal. Please include your extension number and full name.