Upon commencing at the University, ITS will provide ANU Staff with an Avaya handset (desk phone), as well as provision a user-assigned phone extension.
ANU staff must ensure they log in and log out of their handset when (a) moving desks (b) transferring internally, or (c) leaving the University.
There are several important reasons as to why this must be followed, including:
- Phone features, voicemail, call permissions (Local, STD, International and Mobile permissions) and hotkeys/button customisations, are all saved within the profile of the user-assigned extension.
- Ongoing management of phone extensions and accuracy of directory information;
- Billing information and invoicing is directly linked to a phone extension.
- For more detailed instructions, please see KBA0040079
Handset Features & Manuals
Avaya Handsets (desk phones) allow users to enable local phone features via the use of feature codes (using the handset key pad) or via the handset screen display.
- For a detailed list of IP/SIP handset features and use instructions, please see KBA0040078
- For a detailed list of Analogue handset features and use instructions, please see KBA0040077
A selection of Avaya hanset User Guides can be found under the Reference Documents section. If you cannot find the relevant User Guide you need please contact Service Desk.