Who should attend
All academic and professional staff.
Unconscious bias exists outside our awareness. Despite our best efforts to be fair and transparent, it can unconsciously influence our decision-making. It is important that everyone is able to identify potential unconscious biases and how they impact our behaviour and interactions with others.
This half-day interactive workshop will help all staff to look beyond unconscious bias, develop skills and strategies to interrupt and minimise the impact of unconscious bias and tap into and achieve the most from the diverse talents of one’s team.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand and identify unconscious bias;
- Confidently apply your knowledge of unconscious bias to uncover, highlight and minimise the negative impacts of unconscious bias;
- Create a more participatory, positive team culture, build better team relationships and improve performance.
Beasley Intercultural is a leading Australian cross-cultural training and consultancy company. The team of consultants are expert facilitators with extensive experience in diversity and inclusion, leadership and cross-cultural communications.
$180 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
To apply for this course; ANU staff should enrol via HORUS and students via ISIS.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code