The Statistical Consulting Unit runs a limited number of courses throughout the academic year. The objective of the courses is to promote sound statistical thinking and an awareness of appropriate modern statistical practice, leading to informative analyses using statistical software. This is of particular value to students who utilise statistical concepts and methods in research theses as well as those seeking to enhance their wider statistical understanding. Generally, the courses:
- are designed for research students and ANU staff who have no or minimal training and knowledge of statistical analysis
- use a case-study, problem oriented approach to teaching
- do not require sophisticated mathematical skills
- provide an introduction to modern statistical practice
- provide an introduction to the underlying modern statistical thinking and concepts used in many analyses.
More specialised courses are also available.
We offer three online courses delivered via Wattle, supported by statistical consultants, and available throughout the year.
In general, courses should not be viewed as a substitute for professional advice.