Productivity short course – The 5Ps of Talent Development
Pursuing (and completing) a PhD is no small feat! As an HDR candidate there’s a seemingly never ending list of things to get done, multiple priorities, an ultimate outcome that can be years away, limited daily oversight, and innumerable distractions. How do you stay focused? What do you do next? How do you keep track of progress? What feedback do you need to be successful?
In the face of these challenges, it can be hard to stay focused and motivated. As an HDR student you’re not taught what effective academic work looks like and are left to work out what is and isn’t effective through trial and error. But learning work habits and routines that allow you to fight through these challenges and avoid the inefficiency of trial-and-error learning can be a great way to set yourself up for success, be less distracted, and more consistently productive.
Understanding what productivity means and having the mindset, tools, and tactics to support your journey are critical. This 5-part workshop series will introduce candidates to the 5Ps of Talent Development, a framework to support their learning and growth, instill a high-performance mindset, and share tools and evidence-based approaches to improve productivity.
You’ll be guided through the course by Dr Derek Panchuk. The series will feature in-depth discussion on topics and tools that you can use to get stuff done!
Please note: You’re welcome to sign up and attend only the weeks that you’d like BUT the course is designed as series so, for maximum impact it is recommended that you sign up and attend all of the sessions.
The 5 Ps of Talent & Team Development: 9:30-10:30 am Mondays, starting 24 April
- Purpose (Mon 24 April 9:30-10:30am) – having a clear vision of what you’re doing and why you’re doing can make the decision making process easier. In this webinar, we’ll unpack you’re why and how you can leverage your purpose to communicate the value and impact you want to have through your work. Please register here.
- Planning (Mon 1 May 9:30-10:30am) – success doesn’t happen by accident! A well-thought out plan can be a road map for success. In this webinar, we’ll explore how you can get the most out of your time through prioritising your tasks and focusing on the next big milestone in your way. Please register here.
- Pushing (Mon 8 May 9:30-10:30am) – people won’t change unless they’re challenged, so you need to know how to get yourself working on the edge of your comfort zone to find your flow. This webinar will examine how taking a deliberate practice approach to your journey can put you on the path for success. Please register here.
- Participation (Mon 15 May 9:30-10:30am) – you can’t just sit back and expect great things to happen, productive people take control of the process. In this webinar we’ll look at how you can control the controllables during your studies, manage the unexpected, and adapt so that you can thrive. Please register here.
- Probing (Mon 22 May 9:30-10:30am) – asking for and receiving feedback is a great way to keep on track and make sure that your expectations align with those of your supervisors and other stakeholders. In this webinar, we’ll look at the feedback you need to be successful and how to ask for it. Please register here.
If you have any questions about the Productivity short-course, please contact Researcher Development: email@example.com.