Who should attend
This one-day workshop provides an overview of coaching that focuses on building the capability of all staff. During the workshop, participants will use practical tools and techniques to prepare for real performance coaching conversations they will have after the workshop.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key issues in building an effective workplace relationship and provide ongoing coaching to all staff members
- Utilise a model for academic coaching
- Understand the key issues in building an effective workplace relationship and taking up the ‘coaching’ role with staff and colleagues
- Apply coaching skills to ‘live’ workplace issues
- Workplace Conversations
- University context, cultural change and coaching conversations
- Leadership and the role of workplace ‘coach’
- Coaching model
- Preparing for coaching conversations
- Practice, application and observation
External consultant Greg Cook, a psychologist with over 20 years’ experience in leadership development and coaching, will facilitate the workshop. Greg also has extensive experience working with senior leaders across Go8 universities.
$335 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- 100% Charge: notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% Charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program
- Local area charging code