This 2 hour program, facilitated by iHR and Subject Matter Expert (Psychologist) will provide participants with information about indicators of common mental health issues, the key principles of effectively raising relevant issues with managers/leaders, practical considerations around disclosing, confidentiality, and guidelines to best-practice of handling sensitive information. Participants will also be given strategies on how to best support a fellow team member who discloses to them or who they have noticed changes in their behaviour, mood and/or physical appearance.
Click here to learn more about iHR http://www.ihraustralia.com/
Who should attend
This program is designed for all staff members.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand employee and employer responsibilities;
- Understand privacy, confidentiality and WHS obligations;
- Understand how to communicate about mental illness;
- Identify strategies to support other team members; and
- Identify internal and external support resources.
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- Employee and employer obligations
- Understanding mental illness – facts & stats
- Mental illness indicators
- Reasonable adjustment strategies
- Disclosure conversation considerations
- Support services and resources
When can I attend
- 27 July 2017, 9:30 am – 11:30 am
$100 per participant
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course with fees of $100 or less, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague who meets the eligibility criteria for the course to attend in their place:
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to $100.00
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code