Who should attend
This course is aimed at leaders and managers who have a prominent role in establishing and / or managing processes and procedures to support workplace relationships.
This, practical one day course explores the skills and knowledge required to lead and manage effective workplace relationships. It delves into the use of an organisation's values, goals and cultural diversity in exercising discretion and judgement, using a range of problem solving, decision making and consultation strategies.
Participants will have the opportunity to understand interpersonal communication styles and the impact these have on workplace relationships and the role that professional conduct has in developing trust and confidence in the workplace.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Manage ideas and information through communication and consultation strategies and processes
- Explore systems, interpersonal communication styles and professional conduct to develop trust and confidence in the workplace
- Understand how to develop and maintain internal and external networks and relationships
- Manage difficulties in workplace relationships to achieve positive outcomes and identify and manage conflict constructively and in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures
Bull & Bear Special Assignments (BBSA) is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO 88202) with an 18 year history offering bespoke training and development solutions to:
- Enhance employee engagement with the organisation’s objectives
- Enhance and encourage the organisation’s leadership with the ability to develop capability to transfer knowledge and experience
- Improve communication and engagement of groups
- Design, develop and deliver appropriate training including nationally accredited training (from Certificate through to Advanced Diploma level courses), short courses, planning days and forums for professional and capability development.
BBSA recognises that everyone has a unique learning style and delivers inclusive, interactive, energetic and engaging training solutions through its team of highly qualified and experienced training consultants and advisers from both the public and private sectors.
$175.00 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
To apply for this course; ANU staff should enrol via HORUS.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code