Who should attend
This online course is designed for staff working with Class 3B or Class 4 lasers, or staff required to implement laser safety programs.
This online course provides participants with general information on the hazards of lasers and the precautions and techniques necessary for the effective control and safe use of lasers.
At the conclusion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the safe use of lasers in research
- Identify and assess risks in laser areas
- Understand legislative requirements for the use of lasers
- Understand the process of risk assessment process in the workplace
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- University legislative requirements
- laser and its properties
- Biological Effects
- Laser Hazards
- Laser Equipment and delivery systems
- Laser Safety Administrative requirements
- Laser Safety Officers Responsibilities
- Laser safe practices
When can I enrol
The Laser Safety (WHSO19) module is available on Pulse. It is made up of two modules that must all be completed, and can be found under the WHS-Chemical and Radiation Safety heading.
This course is free to ANU staff and students.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program