Who should attend
In the workplace, Emotional Intelligence (EI) underlies our self-awareness, empathy, leadership and resilience. If you would like to learn ways to raise your self-awareness and positively contribute to enhanced workplace relations, the Emotional Intelligence course is for you. This course will help you learn the skills necessary to build trust, manage difficult discussions, build resilience, and enhance team performance. Learning will be through experiential activities, group discussions and reflective exercises, all aimed at helping you raise your level of self-awareness whilst building practical skills for immediate use in the workplace.
Participants will complete a GENOS Emotional Intelligence self-assessment report as part of the course. This will be undertaken prior and debriefed during the course.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain EI and why it is increasingly important in the modern workplace
- Apply EI concepts to build more effective relationships
- Improve EI in yourself and others through personal insights and practical tips and tactics
- Identify strategies to improve personal resilience
- Develop an action plan to implement learning in the workplace.
Wisdom Learning is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#88062) that is committed to their vision to help people and organisations reach their full potential. As the winner of the ACT Small Training Provider of the Year in 2018 and 2019, Wisdom focuses on aligning learning objectives to business outcomes by using innovative and practical methods making training engaging, empowering and motivating their learners. Every member of the Wisdom team is a dedicated learning professional with industry experience and relevant qualifications in their chosen disciplines. They understand the need for continued learning to stay at the forefront of professional practice, and the challenges of balancing learning with the cut and thrust of business, meaning their solutions are designed for the busy professional with content that is relevant, contemporary and leading edge which will develop capabilities to solve business problems.
$265.00 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
To apply for this course; ANU staff should enrol via HORUS.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code