A workplace that values diversity and is free of discrimination is more productive and benefits from greater employee satisfaction, improved productivity and profitability, reduced employee turnover and increased creativity and innovation through harnessing diverse employee skills and perspectives.
This two hour workshop will be facilitated by experienced diversity experts from the Diversity Council of Australia. For more information about the Diversity Council of Australia please refer to the DCA website at https://www.dca.org.au/ .
The program uses a combination of information dissemination, facilitated interaction and experiential activities to introduce participants to key concepts as well as encourage them to reflect on these as they apply to themselves and their own inclusive leadership practice.
Who should attend
This two hour course is designed for academic (level C and above) and professional leaders (level 8 and above) and senior human resources staff (level 8 and above) and will provide participants with practical guidance on what inclusive leadership is, why it matters and how to practice it.
At the end of the program participants will:
- Understand inclusive leadership and why it is important
- Understand the critical role of mindsets in shaping approaches to inclusive leadership practice
- Be aware and understand our own inclusive leadership mindsets
- Be motivated to actively engage as an inclusive leader, including skills to communicate the learning outcomes from this module to direct reports
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- What is inclusive leadership and why will it benefit your team?
- How do leaders’ own mindsets shape inclusive leadership practice?
- How do you motivate and engage as an inclusive leader?
When can I attend
12 October, 1.30pm – 3.30pm
$265.00 per participant.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course with fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
b. Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code