This video explains what you need to know when submitting your first human ethics application at ANU. Please watch the video prior to beginning your application. We also recommend you complete the online Privacy Awareness Training course available through Pulse.
- 00:46 Part 1: Using the Ethics Website
- 13:45 Part 2: Information Sheets and Consent Forms
- 20:45 Part 3: Writing an ARIES application
Resources mentioned in the video:
- 00:46 Our website
- 3:25 Human Ethics Committees & Dates
- 5:27 Risk level classification table
- 11:38 National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research
- 12:08 Key Ethical Concerns
- 12:20 Specific Research Areas
- 13:25 Information Sheets & Consent Forms
- 21:08 ARIES
- 22:01 ARIES New User Form
- 41:08 What is sensitive personal information?
- 48:35 Electronic signatures
The Human Ethics ARIES Manual has quick outlines of the steps to create, edit and submit a protocol in ARIES. Please note that the manual only has basic instructions on a few common areas and is not a substitute for the training video.