Who should attend
This course is suitable for Elected Health and Safety Representatives in accordance with WHSMS Handbook Chapter 3.20 who are willing to undertake the Comcare approved training.
Health and Safety Representative (HSR) training should provide guidance on the powers and functions of HSRs as provided in the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act) and Work Health and Safety Regulations 2011.
This course will cover the following learning outcomes:
- Interpreting the Work Health and Safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties, legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issues resolution
- Represent members in the WHS Risk Management process undertaken by the PCBU
- Issuing a provisional improvement notice (pin) and directing the cessation of work
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of training providers.