Who should enrol
This online module is designed for staff and students who are working within PC2 Laboratories. In certain areas, it is a requirement for staff and students to successfully complete this course prior to work/study being carried out within the laboratory.
This WATTLE online module provides a practical way for researchers to understand Gene Technology Act for staff including practical interpretation of the Office of the Gene Technology Regulator requirements and how to implement them in a laboratory.
The online course consists of a reading component followed by an assessment to demonstrate competency.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will understand:
- The structure of Australian gene technology regulation
- Types of dealings including accreditation, certification and licensing
What the module will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- PC2 laboratory requirements
- PC2 animal and plant facility requirements
- Guidance notes for the containment of exempt dealing
- Guidelines for the transport, storage and disposal of GMO’s
- Schedule 2 dealings exempt from licensing 2011
- Schedule 3 NLRDs in relation to a GMO 2011
- Schedule 3 licences 2011
When can I enrol
The Gene Technology Practices (WHSO15) module is available on Wattle. It can be found by searching for GNTP_2020 in Wattle.
This module is free to ANU staff.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to enrol in the online module