Who should attend
This online course is designed for staff and students who are working with chemicals, specifically flammable liquids. In certain areas, it is a requirement for staff and students to successfully complete this course prior to work/study being carried out within the laboratory.
This online course, which is an extension of the Chemical Safety course, will upgrade the chemical hazard management skills of staff and post-graduate students, with an emphasis on flammable liquids. Participants need to have previously completed the general Chemical Safety course.
There is a compulsory competency assessment at the end of the course and the training is valid for five years.
At the conclusion of this course participants will understand:
- The hazards associated with flammable liquids
- The safe handling and storage of flammable liquids
- How to handle a spill or leaking flammable liquids
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- Flammable liquid definitions and properties
- Risk associated with the use of flammable liquids
- Storage requirements
- Handling precautions and equipment
When are the courses held
The Flammable Liquids Safety (WHSO16) module is available on Wattle. It can be found by searching for FLSA_2020 in Wattle.
This course is free to ANU staff.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program