The Australian national University policy states that all University buildings will have an Emergency Control Organisation (ie a Fire Warden structure). The policy also requires that all members of an ECO be appropriately trained.
The University offers the following training for staff, courses includes:
- Emergency Control Organisation Training for ANU wardens. Delivered 4 times a year with an external provider via webinar or presented in person, incorporating:
- Chemical spills
- Bomb threats
- Suspicious packages
- White powder incidents
- Active shooter awareness
- Failure of building services or building structure
- Medical emergencies
- Warden duties
- Ad-hoc Fire extinguisher training. Contact Fire and Emegency officer for details.
- Evacuation Exercises. Contact Fire and Emergency officer to schedule
- Emergency Control Point training. Contact Fire Emergency officer to schedule (please request when booking an Evacuation Exercise.)
- Emergency Planning Committee training (minimum of 5 persons to engage provider). Contact Fire Emergency officer for details.
All trainings are provided by a qualified external provider and may be co presented by the ANU Fire and Emergency officer.