Who should attend
All staff with responsibility for a budget
This workshop will provide participants with the opportunity to learn the finance skills, techniques and strategies essential for non-finance managers to work effectively in the workplace.
- Financial literacy – financial statements, terminologies and skills overview
- Finance and our business model
- Seven requirements to managing a budget
- Financial performance and position
- Cash flow, liquidity and working capital
- Understand the extent of fungibility and managing money
- What is the ‘directionality’ of money
- What are the elements of the business model
- Types of costs
- Understanding margins
- Managing a budget at a cost centre level
- Understanding costs and revenues
- Execrising control over transactions
This workshop is delivered by Mark Priadko Mark Priadko has worked as a freelance contractor and consultant for the past 15 years. The first half of his professional career led him to Executive roles in South Australian Treasury and Finance. Clients include organisations from all levels of government (state, federal and local), Universities (inc. Go8 Adelaide University), and other for-profit and not-for-profit organisations. His love of learning, his experience and understanding of finances and strategy, and his curiosity lead him to insights into how organisations and their various functions and projects can be progressed or improved.
$230.00 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- 100% Charge: notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% Charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilitie will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program
- Local area charging code