Who should attend
This half-day workshop focuses on Performance Management at ANU. Participants will build their confidence and competence in the day-to-day performance management of their teams to drive high performance, and learn the performance management process at ANU.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Understand what Performance Management is and it’s role in driving a culture of high performance at ANU
- Understand ANU’s PDR process and system
- Conduct effective conversations at each stage of the performance management process to drive ownership, engagement and the quality of direct reports’ performance
- Manage performance issues, and know when to progress from informal to formal performance management, and where to go for further support
- High performing teams and performance management
- The performance management process at ANU
- The role of ongoing feedback and coaching
- When performance is a problem – the process of managing poor performance at ANU and where to do for further support.
This workshop is delivered by a member of the ANU Human Resources team.
This course is free to ANU staff.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course without fees, the following charges will apply:
Notification of cancellation received within 5 working days of the course date will incur a late charge of $100.
- If the registrant nominates a colleague who meets the eligibility criteria for the course to attend in their place, there will not be a cancellation fee;
- Non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code