This full day course, facilitated by PARASOL provides general information about skills and knowledge needed to perform rescue from a live LV panel in a workplace setting.
PARASOL is a leading Australian provider of training in first aid, fire safety, health and safety, business training, and advanced life support. All instructors are either qualified doctors, nurses, paramedics or fire safety officers with specialised experience in the areas they teach.
Click here to learn more about Parasol: http://www.parasol.edu.au/
Who should attend
This course is designed for staff working in low voltage areas, electricians and those working with electrical goods.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand and comply with Australian Standards and relevant legislative requirements
- Provide emergency response to a casualty from a live low voltage apparatus within the workplace setting
- Understand and operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- Prepare to perform rescue procedures from live LV panel
- Carry out rescue from live LV panel
- Complete the LV panel rescue procedure
- DRSABCD Action Plan
- Managing the Unconscious Casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
When can I attend
Please select "Register Now" to review the upcoming workshops for this training program.
$80.00 per participant
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course with fees of $100 or less, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague who meets the eligibility criteria for the course to attend in their place:
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to $100.00
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
To apply for this course; ANU staff should enrol via HORUS and students via ISIS.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code