This half day course provides participants with refresher training for in-service safety inspection testing and tagging of electrical appliances, in accordance with the University’s expectations. A session on Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is a component of this course.
Who should attend
This course is designed for staff and students who are required to complete the in-service safety inspection testing and tagging of electrical appliances. It is required every two years in accordance with the University’s Electrical Safety Procedure.
- Identify the different types of electrical appliances
- Visually identify faults in electrical appliances
- Assess appliance testing frequency, based on environmental use and appliance type
- Perform electrical testing using Portable Appliance Testers (PAT) on either ProTag or Supernova testing equipment
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- Review the University’s Electrical Safety Procedure
- Address the minimum requirements of Australian Standard 3760 In-service safety inspection testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Practical hands-on work to ensure there are no issues in implementation
When can I attend
Please select "Register Now" to review the upcoming workshops for this training program.
$50 per participant.
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course with fees of $100 or less, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague who meets the eligibility criteria for the course to attend in their place:
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to $100.00
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
To apply for this course; ANU staff should enrol via HORUS and students via ISIS.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code