This full day workshop, delivered by the Australian Institute of Management (AIM), will assist you in developing the skills required to formulate strong business cases, as well as other objective-driven submissions, to achieve consistent rates of approval.
Click here to learn more about AIM http://www.aim.com.au/
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for staff whose role involves developing compelling business cases as part of a report writing process.
*NB: It is recommended that this course form Part B of a 2 course programme and that attendees who attended Part A ‘’ Report Writing: Planning and producing high quality written communications’ attend this course as a follow up programme.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and content of an effective business case
- Apply the required steps in developing a case
- Quantify and articulate the benefits of the proposal
- Effectively interpret the financial data
- Present the business case in an appropriate and logical format
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- What is, and what isn’t, an effective business case
- Defining the opportunity, through understanding the objectives and your audience
- Identifying the alternatives, and narrowing the options, through effective appraisal methods
- Selecting the best option and assessing the risks
- Creating a plan; including communicating your case, layout and presentation and use of visuals
When can I attend
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
$335 per participant
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course with fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
b. Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code