Who should attend
This workshop will provide participants with the opportunity to learn the skills, techniques and communication strategies essential for communicating more effectively in the workplace including quality conversations and techniques to engage stakeholders at all levels and increase team engagement.
- The communication process and methods
- Key principles of effective communication
- Common barriers to communication
- Communication techniques such as (active listening, assertiveness, body language and tone
- Establish rapport, credibility and influence
- Influence and adapt to different communication styles
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships
- Persuasive conversations - conflict resolution styles and strategies
- Determine what communication is and how it occurs
- Identify the different ways in which communication can take place
- Understand your communication and conflict style, and how to positively influence others
- Understand how to build rapport with your team and key stakeholders
- Lead by inspiring with engaging and powerful communication
- Utilise a variety of techniques and strategies for communicating more effectively in the workplace
This workshop is delivered by Wendy Jocum, an accredited, experienced coach and facilitator. Wendy’s expertise lies in all areas of people development – human resources, training, learning and development, organisational psychology, facilitation and coaching.
$270 per participant
The following charges will apply for non-attendance at a workshop with cost unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
- 100% Charge: notification of cancellation received within 0–5 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
- 50% Charge: Notification of cancellation received within 6–10 working days of the workshop date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note that non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities will require reasonable evidence to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program
- Local area charging code